Date Posted: April 11, 2018 08:00 AM
Deadline: May 3rd, 2018 05:00 PM
Department: Information Technology Department
Compensation: $18.21 – $19.73 per hour DOE
Hours: 40 per week
To apply, please submit the required City application and Pre-Interview Questionnaire, which can be found by clicking on the links above, at Job Service, or at City Hall. Resumes are strongly encouraged. Veterans claiming preference must submit Form DD214 with the application. The deadline to apply is the close of business on Thursday, May 3rd, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information contact Shelly at 701-456-7801, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position provides support to the Information Technology Department in accordance with established policies and procedures by performing routine hardware/software maintenance and installation requiring a high degree of efficiency, while troubleshooting issues across various departments. Configures computers and thin clients in a manner that aligns to standards set within the Information Technology Department, while providing timely, customer service based support to all city employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and solve technical issues related to desktop computers, laptops, tablets, cellular devices, as well as, a variety of other computer related hardware and software.
- Perform regular maintenance and updates on computer workstations involved in the City’s day to day operations to ensure the machines stay in working order.
- Use logic to solve technical issues in a timely manner
- Setup new computer workstations, migrate user data, and assist staff in adjusting to new operating systems and software as they are implemented.
- Tasks are multiple and diverse with some interrelationship across processes.
- Work requires the direct application of a variety of procedures, policies, and/or precedents.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Pre-employment drug screen, background check, and reference checks are required
Desirable Training and Experience
- Associates degree (Bachelors degree preferred) in Computer Science or related field.
- Up to one year experience in Information Technology or the equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- EMPLOYER PAID BENEFITS
- Vacation – 8 hours per month accrual for years 1-5. Sick Leave – 8 hours per month accrual.
- Employees are permitted to use up to 16 hours of sick leave accrual per year for personal leave.
- Longevity Pay – Sliding scale based on tenure with City (After 5 years of service). Paid annually.
- West River Community Center – discounted membership.
- Holidays – 10 holidays plus one day for birthday.
- Employee Assistance Program
- EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE SHARED COST BENEFITS
- Health Insurance – NDPERS (SHP) – Employer pays 80% of premium
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – The City puts $450 into a Medical Spending Account for full-time employees
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – Employee 5%; Employer matches 5%.
- Life Insurance – Employer pays 50% of premium. Supplemental life insurance option.
- OPTIONAL BENEFITS
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – pre-tax – Daycare Expenses – pre-tax
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- AFLAC Insurance
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan – Pre-Tax or Roth option
- Civil Service Status upon successful completion of the probationary period.