Date Posted: July 9th, 2018 08:00 AM
Deadline: July 23rd, 2018 05:00 PM
Department: Water Utilities Department
Compensation: $20.71 – $22.23 per hour DOE (Wage includes $2.50 per hour Skill-Based Pay once ND Class A CDL is obtained)
Hours: 40 per week *4-Day Workweek!*
To apply, please submit the required City application and Pre-Interview Questionnaire, which can be found by clicking on the links above, at Job Service, or at City Hall. Resumes are strongly encouraged. Veterans claiming preference must submit Form DD214 with the application. The deadline to apply is the close of business on Monday, July 23rd, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information contact Shelly at 701-456-7801, or email email@example.com.
Incumbents are responsible for inspecting and performing complex operations, maintenance, and repair activities in and on public works facilities and equipment in Wastewater Collection, Wastewater Treatment, Water Distribution, and Stormwater Facilities. Required to participate in on-call rotation (must live within 30 minutes of Dickinson).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate heavy equipment, machinery, and specialized equipment used in the operation and maintenance of Water, Wastewater and Stormwater Systems.
- Install, read, test and repair water meters, hydrant testing and maintenance of water distribution apparatuses.
- Maintain water and wastewater pumping and storage facilities.
- Operate and maintain wastewater treatment and collection facilities.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance of vehicles and equipment. Assist with major equipment maintenance and repair as assigned.
- Perform on-call duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties of similar nature or level as required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pre-employment drug screen, background check, and reference checks are required
- North Dakota Class A Commercial Driver’s License vehicle/trailer in excess of 10,000 pounds with appropriate endorsements – must obtain within probationary period
- Water Distribution Class I Certification – must obtain within 3 years of hire
- Wastewater Treatment Class I Certification – must obtain within 3 years of hire
- Wastewater Collection Class I Certification – must obtain within 3 years of hire
- North Dakota Department of Health pH Certification – must obtain within 2 years of hire
Desirable Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of experience in construction or utility work or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
EMPLOYER PAID BENEFITS
- Vacation – 8 hours per month accrual for years 1-5
- Sick Leave – 8 hours per month accrual
- Personal Leave – Employees are permitted to use up to 16 hours of sick leave per year for personal leave
- Longevity Pay – Sliding scale based on tenure with City (After 5 years of Service), paid annually
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bereavement Leave
- Holidays – 10 holidays plus one day for birthday
- Employee Assistance Program
EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE SHARED COST BENEFITS
- Health Insurance – NDPERS (SHP) – Employer pays 80% of premium
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – The City puts $450 into a Medical Spending Account for full-time employees
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – Employee contributes 5%; Employer matches 5%
- Life Insurance – Employer pays 50% of premium. Supplemental life insurance option
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – pre-tax (2018 max – $2,650) – Daycare Expenses – pre-tax (2018 max – $5,000)
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- West River Community Center Membership – 50% Discount off Annual Membership
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan – Pre-Tax or Roth option
Civil Service Status upon successful completion of the probationary period.