Date Posted: August 23rd, 2018 08:00 AM
Deadline: September 24th, 2018 05:00 PM
Department: Street & Fleet Department
Compensation: $76,800 (min) – $98,400 (mid) Annually, DOE
Hours: 40 per week
To apply, please submit the required City application, along with your resume, salary requirements, and official transcripts. The City application can be found by clicking on the links above, at Job Service, or at City Hall. Veterans claiming preference must submit Form DD214 with the application. The deadline to apply is the close of business on Monday, September 24th, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information contact Shelly at 701-456-7801, or email email@example.com.
This position plans, directs and manages City street construction, repair, and maintenance projects including snow removal, and fleet maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, and implement street maintenance and repair programs and activities including coordination of projects and project schedules, on-site inspections of repair and maintenance projects, and evaluation of project performance.
- Coordinates, manages and provides input into City snow removal plan and street cleaning policies.
- Assist in the development of the Street Department budgets and monitor expenditures to ensure the operation remains within approved appropriations. Assist in the preparation of capital improvement projects and the analysis of such projects.
- Supervise employees, assign work, and provide work direction; make recommendations relative to hiring and firing, and employee evaluations.
- Advise and make recommendations to the Director of Public Works regarding the proper and efficient operation of the Street Department including cost and operational analysis, required levels of employees’ equipment and material, development of performance standards, and the establishment of divisional goals and objectives.
- Prepare, review and recommend specifications for bids relating to tools, materials, and equipment. Recommend the disposition of City property assigned to the Street Department and maintain the annual inventory of all public property of the division.
- Ensure that all complaints regarding street operations are handled in an appropriate manner. May represent the Public Works department regarding street projects at various meetings.
- Knowledge of engineering methods, practices, and costs relating to street repair, maintenance, and construction.
- Knowledge of light and heavy equipment.
- Ability to effectively write bid specifications.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of computers and software relating to Public Works management.
- Valid Driver’s License
- ND Class A CDL with Tanker and Air Brakes endorsements
- Road Scholar II Certification preferred
- Forklift Certification – within 90 days of hire
- Pre-employment drug screen, background check, and reference checks are required
Desirable Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or business management and five to seven years progressively responsible professional and supervisory experience in municipal public works administration or engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
EMPLOYER PAID BENEFITS
- Vacation – 96 hours annually, years 1-5
- Sick Leave – 96 hours annually
- Personal Leave – Employees are permitted to use up to 16 hours of sick leave per year for personal leave
- Longevity Pay – Sliding scale based on tenure with the City (after 5 years of service), paid annually
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bereavement Leave
- Holidays – 10 holidays plus one day for birthday
- Employee Assistance Program
EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE SHARED COST BENEFITS
- Health Insurance – NDPERS (SHP) – Employer pays 80% of premium
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – The City puts $450 into a Medical Spending Account for full-time employees
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – Employee contributes 5%; Employer matches 5%
- Life Insurance – Employer pays 50% of premium. Supplemental life insurance option
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – pre-tax (2018 max – $2,650) – Daycare Expenses – pre-tax (2018 max – $5,000)
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- West River Community Center Membership – 50% Discount off Annual Membership
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan – Pre-Tax or Roth option
Civil Service Status upon successful completion of the probationary period.