Open Date: September 13th, 2018 08:00 AM
Deadline to Apply: September 27th, 2018 05:00 PM
Department: Solid Waste Department
Compensation: $20.71 – $22.23 per hour DOE (includes $2.50 per hour Skill-Based Pay for Class B CDL – Required at time of hire)
Hours: 40 per week
To apply, please submit the required City application and Pre-Interview Questionnaire, which can be found by clicking on the links above, at Job Service, or at City Hall. Resumes are strongly encouraged. Veterans claiming preference must submit Form DD214 with the application. The deadline to apply is the close of business on Thursday, September 27th, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information contact Amy at 701-456-7033, or email email@example.com.
*Wage includes $2.50/hour Skill Based Pay for ND Class B CDL (with Airbrakes). Required at time of hire.*
The Solid Waste Route Operator position is responsible for inspecting and performing semi-skilled and skilled operations, maintenance, and repair activities in and on public works facilities and equipment in solid waste collection, disposal, and recycling systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Operates and maintains trucks, machinery and specialized equipment used in solid waste collection, disposal and recycling.
- Monitors the collection and recycling of materials at the solid waste transfer facility.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance of sanitation facilities, vehicles and equipment. Assist with major equipment maintenance and repair as assigned.
- Maintains inventory and supplies, delivers solid waste containers.
- General knowledge of mechanical, plumbing and electrical repair and diagnosis;
- Interpreting work specifications;
- Ability to read and comprehend maps, diagrams, and regulations/policies
- Valid Driver’s License
- North Dakota Class B Commercial Driver’s License (upon hire)
- ND State Landfill Operator Certification (obtain within 2 years of hire)
Desirable Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED, and two years of related experience, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
EMPLOYER PAID BENEFITS
- Vacation – 96 hours annual accrual for years 1-5.
- Sick Leave – 96 hours annual accrual.
- Personal Leave – Employees are permitted to use up to 16 hours of sick leave per year for personal leave.
- Longevity Pay – Sliding scale based on tenure with City (After 5 years of Service), paid annually.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bereavement Leave
- Holidays – 10 holidays plus one day for birthday.
- Employee Assistance Program
EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE SHARED COST BENEFITS
- Health Insurance – NDPERS (SHP) – Employer pays 80% of premium
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – The City puts $450 into a Medical Spending Account for full-time employees
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – Employee 5%; Employer matches 5%.
- Life Insurance – Employer pays 50% of premium. Supplemental life insurance option.
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – pre-tax (2018 max – $2,650) – Daycare Expenses – pre-tax (2018 max – $5,000)
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- West River Community Center Membership – 50% Discount off Annual Membership
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan – Pre-Tax or Roth option
Civil Service Status upon successful completion of the probationary period.