Date Posted: September 13th, 2018 08:00 AM
Deadline: September 27th, 2018 05:00 PM
Department: Water Department
Compensation: $20.71 – $22.23 per hour DOE (includes $2.50/hour Skill-Based Pay for ND Class A CDL; must obtain within probationary period )
Hours: 40 per week
To apply, please submit the required City application and Pre-Interview Questionnaire, which can be found by clicking on the links above, at Job Service, or at City Hall. Resumes are strongly encouraged. Veterans claiming preference must submit Form DD214 with the application. The deadline to apply is the close of business on Thursday, September 27th, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information contact Amy at 701-456-7033, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*$2.50/hour Skill-Based Pay for ND Class A CDL (must obtain within the probationary period).
The Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator position is responsible for inspecting, maintaining, and performing complex operations and repair activities on facilities & equipment at the City’s Water Reclamation Facility. Required to participate in on-call rotation (must live within 30 minutes of Dickinson).
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties include (but are not limited to):
- Operate heavy equipment, machinery, and specialized equipment used in the operation and maintenance of Wastewater Systems
- Maintain water and wastewater pumping and storage facilities
- Operate and maintain wastewater treatment and collection facilities
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance of vehicles and equipment. Assist with major equipment maintenance and repair as assigned
- Perform on-call duties as assigned
- Must live within 30 minutes of Dickinson, ND
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities associated with this position:
- General mechanical, plumbing and electrical repair and diagnosis
- Interpreting work specifications
- Reading and comprehending maps, diagrams, and regulations/policies
- Maintaining files and records
- City geography and street locations
- Environmental standards and compliance requirements
- Operation and maintenance of equipment, tools, machinery, and systems relating to water utilities
- Public works infrastructure
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pre-employment drug screen, background check, and reference checks are required
- North Dakota Class A Commercial Driver’s License vehicle/trailer in excess of 10,000 pounds with appropriate endorsements – must obtain within probationary period;
- Water Distribution Class I Certification – must obtain within 3 years of hire;
- Wastewater Treatment Class I Certification – must obtain within 3 years of hire;
- Wastewater Collection Class I Certification – must obtain within 3 years of hire;
- North Dakota Department of Health pH Certification – must obtain within 2 years of hire;
Desirable Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED and two years of experience in construction or utility work, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
EMPLOYER PAID BENEFITS
- Vacation – 96 hours annual accrual for years 1-5
- Sick Leave – 96 hours annual accrual
- Personal Leave – Employees are permitted to use up to 16 hours of sick leave per year for personal leave
- Longevity Pay – Sliding scale based on tenure with City (After 5 years of Service), paid annually
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bereavement Leave
- Holidays – 10 holidays plus one day for birthday
- Employee Assistance Program
EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE SHARED COST BENEFITS
- Health Insurance – NDPERS (SHP) – Employer pays 80% of premium
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – The City puts $450 into a Medical Spending Account for full-time employees
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – Employee contributes 5%; Employer matches 5%
- Life Insurance – Employer pays 50% of premium. Supplemental Life Insurance option
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – pre-tax (2018 max – $2,650) – Daycare Expenses – pre-tax (2018 max – $5,000)
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- West River Community Center Membership – 50% Discount off Annual Membership
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan – Pre-Tax or Roth option
Civil Service Status upon successful completion of the probationary period.