Date Posted: February 7th, 2019 08:00 AM
Deadline: February 28th, 2019 05:00 PM
Department: Street Department
Compensation: $20.71 – $22.23 per hour DOE (Wage includes $2.50 per hour Skill-Based Pay for Class A CDL – must obtain within probationary period)
Hours: 40 per week
To apply, please submit the required City application and Pre-Interview Questionnaire, which can be found by clicking on the links above, at Job Service, or at City Hall. Resumes are strongly encouraged. Veterans claiming preference must submit Form DD214 with the application. The deadline to apply is the close of business on Wednesday, February 28th, 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information contact Ali at 701-456-7033, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is responsible for inspecting and performing semi-skilled and skilled operations, maintenance, and repair activities on the City’s streets, alleys, and parking lots.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate heavy equipment, machinery, and specialized equipment used in the maintenance of streets, alleys, and parking lots
- Perform year-round routine maintenance, repair and construction of city streets, alleys and parking lots
- Provide work zone safety while maintaining traffic flow as directed
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment. Assist with major equipment maintenance and repair including welding and fabrication as assigned
- Respond to and investigate problems and complaints received and ensure resolution when assigned
- Purchase departmental supplies when directed
- Assist in training new and seasonal employees
- General mechanical, plumbing and electrical repair and diagnosis
- Knowledge of road maintenance and construction techniques
- Reading and comprehending maps, diagrams, and regulations
- Maintaining files and records
- City geography and street locations
- Use and maintenance of hand and power tools
- Computer operations and software applications
- Operation and maintenance of equipment, tools, machinery, and systems
- Basic welding and fabricating techniques
- Snow removal and ice control techniques
- Valid Driver’s License
- North Dakota Class A Commercial Driver’s License with tanker and air brake endorsements – restriction 7 (not authorized for tractor-trailer) is acceptable – must obtain within probationary period.
- Road Scholar I Certification – must obtain within 2 years of hire.
- Forklift Certification – must obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Pre-employment drug screen, background check, and reference checks are required.
Desirable Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least one year of experience in a similar field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
EMPLOYER PAID BENEFITS
- Vacation – 96 hours annual accrual for years 1-5
- Sick Leave – 96 hours annual accrual
- Personal Leave – Employees are permitted to use up to 16 hours of accrued Sick Leave per year for Personal Leave
- Longevity Pay – Sliding scale based on tenure with the City (After 5 years of Service), paid annually
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bereavement Leave
- Holidays – 10 holidays plus one day for birthday
- Employee Assistance Program
EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE SHARED COST BENEFITS
- Health Insurance – NDPERS (SHP) – Employer pays 80% of premium
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – The City puts $250 into a Medical Spending Account for full-time employees
- Defined Benefit Hybrid Main Retirement Plan – Employee contributes 7%; Employer contributes 8.26%
- Defined Benefit Public Safety Retirement Plan – Sworn Law Enforcement Officers & Firefighters contribute 5.5%; Employer contributes 9.07%
- Life Insurance – Employer pays 50% of basic premium. Supplemental life insurance option
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – pre-tax (2019 max – $2,650) – Daycare Expenses – pre-tax (2019 max – $5,000)
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- West River Community Center Membership – 50% Discount off Annual Membership
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan – Pre-Tax or Roth option
- NDPERS Portability Enhancement Provision
Civil Service Status upon successful completion of the probationary period.