Open Date: March 15th, 2019 08:00 AM
Deadline to Apply: April 1st, 2019 05:00 PM
Department: Solid Waste Department
Compensation: $20.71 – $22.23 per hour DOE (includes $2.50 per hour Skill-Based Pay for Class B CDL – Required at time of hire)
Hours: 40 per week
To apply, please submit the required City application and Pre-Interview Questionnaire, which can be found by clicking on the links above, at Job Service, or at City Hall. Resumes are strongly encouraged. Veterans claiming preference must submit Form DD214 with the application. The deadline to apply is the close of business on Monday, April 1, 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information contact Shelly at 701-456-7801, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Wage includes $2.50/hour Skill Based Pay for ND Class B CDL (with Airbrakes). Required at time of hire.*
The Collections Route Operator position is responsible for inspecting and performing semi-skilled and skilled operations, maintenance, and repair activities in and on public works facilities and equipment in solid waste collection, disposal, and recycling systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Operates and maintains trucks, machinery and specialized equipment used in solid waste collection, disposal and recycling.
- Monitors the collection and recycling of materials at the solid waste transfer facility.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance of sanitation facilities, vehicles and equipment. Assist with major equipment maintenance and repair as assigned.
- Maintains inventory and supplies, delivers solid waste containers.
- General knowledge of mechanical, plumbing and electrical repair and diagnosis;
- Interpreting work specifications;
- Ability to read and comprehend maps, diagrams, and regulations/policies
- Valid Driver’s License
- North Dakota Class B Commercial Driver’s License (upon hire)
Desirable Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED, and two years of related experience, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
EMPLOYER PAID BENEFITS
- Vacation – 96 hours annual accrual for years 1-5
- Sick Leave – 96 hours annual accrual
- Personal Leave – Employees are permitted to use up to 16 hours of accrued Sick Leave per year for Personal Leave
- Longevity Pay – Sliding scale based on tenure with the City (After 5 years of Service), paid annually
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bereavement Leave
- Holidays – 10 holidays plus one day for birthday
- Employee Assistance Program
EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE SHARED COST BENEFITS
- Health Insurance – NDPERS (SHP) – Employer pays 80% of premium
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – The City puts $250 into a Medical Spending Account for full-time employees
- Defined Benefit Hybrid Main Retirement Plan – Employee contributes 7%; Employer contributes 8.26%
- Defined Benefit Public Safety Retirement Plan – Sworn Law Enforcement Officers & Firefighters contribute 5.5%; Employer contributes 9.07%
- Life Insurance – Employer pays 50% of basic premium. Supplemental life insurance option
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – pre-tax (2019 max – $2,650) – Daycare Expenses – pre-tax (2019 max – $5,000)
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- West River Community Center Membership – 50% Discount off Annual Membership
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan – Pre-Tax or Roth option
- NDPERS Portability Enhancement Provision
Civil Service Status upon successful completion of the probationary period.