Date Posted: March 22nd, 2019 08:00 AM
Deadline: April 29th, 2019 05:00 PM
Compensation: $20.94 – $22.81 per hour DOE
Hours: 40 per week
To apply, please submit the required City application and Pre-Interview Questionnaire, which can be found by clicking on the links above, at Job Service, or at City Hall. Resumes are strongly encouraged. Veterans claiming preference must submit Form DD214 with the application. The deadline to apply is the close of business on Monday, April 29th, 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information contact Shelly at 701-456-7801, or email email@example.com.
Responsible for inspection of real property and determining proper valuation for tax assessment purposes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects new and existing buildings taking note of type of construction, interior systems and other details; takes measurements of buildings or additions; determines proper classification of property; prepares field sketches and prepares property records; estimates new property valuations.
- Investigates complaints on property values and works to correct inequities. Meets with property owners to discuss property values.
- Prepares a variety of records and reports including assessor data sheets and market research data.
- Provides appraisal and related information to the general public and other departments.
- Attends appraisal education and training seminars as required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Class I City Assessor Certification – must obtain within three years of hire.
- Pre-employment drug screen, background check, and reference checks are required
Desirable Training and Experience
- Associates Degree plus specialized assessor training.
- Three to five years experience as Property Appraiser Technician or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
EMPLOYER PAID BENEFITS
- Vacation – 96 hours annual accrual for years 1-5
- Sick Leave – 96 hours annual accrual
- Personal Leave – Employees are permitted to use up to 16 hours of accrued Sick Leave per year for Personal Leave
- Longevity Pay – Sliding scale based on tenure with the City (After 5 years of Service), paid annually
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bereavement Leave
- Holidays – 10 holidays plus one day for birthday
- Employee Assistance Program
EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE SHARED COST BENEFITS
- Health Insurance – NDPERS (SHP) – Employer pays 80% of premium
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – The City puts $250 into a Medical Spending Account for full-time employees
- Defined Benefit Hybrid Main Retirement Plan – Employee contributes 7%; Employer contributes 8.26%
- Defined Benefit Public Safety Retirement Plan – Sworn Law Enforcement Officers & Firefighters contribute 5.5%; Employer contributes 9.07%
- Life Insurance – Employer pays 50% of basic premium. Supplemental life insurance option
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – pre-tax (2019 max – $2,650) – Daycare Expenses – pre-tax (2019 max – $5,000)
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- West River Community Center Membership – 50% Discount off Annual Membership
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan – Pre-Tax or Roth option
- NDPERS Portability Enhancement Provision
Civil Service Status upon successful completion of the probationary period.