Building and Codes
Under general policy direction from the City Administrator, the Building Official supervises and is responsible for the oversight of the City’s Building Inspection Department providing supervisory direction of assigned staff. Responsible for developing, implementing, and enforcing building codes and incidental to zoning codes.
The Building Official oversees the Building and Dickinson Municipal Code Enforcement. The following employees report directly to the Building Official: James Thorpe, Building & Plumbing Inspector; Tom Ehli, Codes Enforcement Officer; Terry Steffes, Codes Enforcement Officer.
The work of Code Enforcement is to insure that building construction in Dickinson conforms with the Building Code adopted by the City. In addition, code enforcement personnel monitor and when necessary enforce the City’s property maintenance codes.
The City adopted the North Dakota State Building Code in 2003, which uses the International Building Code, the International Mechanical Code, and the International Residential Building Code, and the International Property Maintenance Code.
Department Manager: Building Official
- Building Records Request.pdf
- Campground License Application.pdf
- City Commercial Building Permit Application with Checklist.pdf
- Contractor Plumbing License.pdf
- Demolition Sign off.pdf
- Fence Permit Application
- Mobile Home License Application.pdf
- Moving Permit App.pdf
- Public Space Management Annual Permit.pdf
- Residential Building Permit Application...pdf
- Sign Permit App.pdf
- Sprinkler Permit Application.pdf
- Variance Application.pdf
- Water Well Application.pdf