The Dickinson Police Department Surveillance Camera Registration And Mapping (S.C.R.A.M.) program provides an opportunity for residents and business owners to help law enforcement solve local crimes with the help of their exterior video surveillance cameras. With the large number of surveillance and security systems in our community, there is a high likelihood of someone’s camera system inadvertently capturing video footage which could be critical in helping officers develop leads and solve crimes. *Participation in this program is completely voluntary.
How it works
Using the geographic location of registered cameras, Dickinson Police Officers will be able to directly contact a registrant to determine if they have helpful captured footage should a crime occur in the vicinity of the registered surveillance system. When contacted, the extent of your cooperation with investigating officers remains completely at your discretion.
To register your exterior video security system, please download the registration form and return it in person, email or standard mail to the Dickinson Police Department’s Community Resources Officer, Sgt. Brandon Stockie. You will receive a window cling in the mail after your geographic location is registered in our mapping program.
Working with the Dickinson community to deter crime and promote public safety is the goal of the program. Accordingly, all camera registrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Registration is voluntary.
- Registrant information will be used solely by the Dickinson Police Department for official purposes, registrant information and locations of security systems and cameras will never be shared or publicized.
- The Dickinson Police Department may ask a registrant to check their recordings for a specific date and time should investigators determine the potential for video evidence in the vicinity of a registrant’s surveillance system.
- Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Dickinson Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
- Under no circumstances will registrants construe they are acting as an agent or employee of the City of Dickinson or the Dickinson Police Department.
- Under no circumstances will the Dickinson Police Department utilize any information obtained to access or view live recordings or feeds directly from cameras owned by registrants.
- You may withdraw from the program at any time. * If you wish to withdraw from the program, please contact the Dickinson Police Department’s Community Resources Officer, Sgt. Brandon Stockie at your earliest convenience.
Thank you for your commitment to keep our community safe and secure by partnering with the Dickinson Police Department through participation in this program!
Last modified: September 11, 2019