Date Posted: January 28th, 2020 08:00 AM
Deadline: February 18th, 2020 05:00 PM
Department: Police Department
Compensation: $19.71 – $21.23/hour DOE plus shift differential (Wage includes $1.50 per hour Skill-Based Pay)
Hours: Rotating Shifts (24 Hour Operation)
To apply, please submit a City application and Pre-Interview Questionnaire, which can be found by clicking on the links above, at Job Service, or at City Hall. Resumes are strongly encouraged. Veterans claiming preference must submit Form DD214 with the application. The deadline to apply is the close of business on Tuesday, February 18th, 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information contact Ali at 701-456-7033, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsible for receiving and transmitting emergency and other information from and to the public and public service agencies.
- Operates a variety of communications equipment required for the effective operation of the communications center to receive and assign emergency and non-emergency calls with the responsibility for determining the priority of calls received and deciding the proper unit or agency to which a call is assigned.
- Monitors alarms, closed circuit televisions, and controls building entrances for security purposes.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties and maintains communications logs.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as required.
- Must be proficient in alphanumeric and data entry.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ROTATING SHIFTS
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pre-employment Drug Screen, Reference Checks, & Background Check required
- Pre-employment Hearing Screening and Biannual hearing tests required. Hearing must meet industry standard hearing and testing guidelines.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Between one to three years of related experience and a working knowledge of standard practices and procedures, or the equivalent combination of education and experience required to successfully perform the essential duties of the position.
- Vacation – 96 hours annual accrual for years 1-5
- Sick Leave – 96 hours annual accrual
- Personal Leave – Employees are permitted to use up to 16 hours of accrued Sick Leave per year for Personal Leave
- Longevity Pay – Sliding scale based on tenure with the City (After 5 years of Service), paid annually
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bereavement Leave
- Holidays – 10 holidays plus one day for birthday
- Employee Assistance Program
EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE SHARED COST BENEFITS
- Health Insurance – NDPERS (SHP) – Employer pays 80% of premium
- For every 5 years employed by the City of Dickinson, the City will pay an additional 2.5% of your health insurance
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – The City puts $250 into a Medical Spending Account for full-time employees
- Defined Benefit Hybrid Main Retirement Plan – Employee contributes 7%; Employer contributes 8.26%
- Defined Benefit Public Safety Retirement Plan – Sworn Law Enforcement Officers & Firefighters contribute 5.5%; Employer contributes 9.07%
- Life Insurance – Employer pays 50% of basic premium. Supplemental life insurance option
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – pre-tax (2020 max – $2,700) – Daycare Expenses – pre-tax (2020 max – $5,000)
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- West River Community Center Membership – 50% Discount off Annual Membership
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan – Pre-Tax or Roth option
- NDPERS Portability Enhancement Provision
Civil Service Status upon successful completion of the probationary period.