Date Posted: March 10th, 2020 08:00 AM
Deadline: April 7th, 2020 05:00 PM
Compensation: $18.21-19.73 per hour DOE
Hours: 40 per week
# of Openings: 1
To apply, please submit the required City application and Pre-Interview Questionnaire, which can be found by clicking on the links above, at Job Service, or at City Hall. Resumes are strongly encouraged. Veterans claiming preference must submit Form DD214 with the application. The deadline to apply is the close of business on Tuesday, April 7th, 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information contact Ali at 701-456-7033, or email email@example.com.
Performs paraprofessional research, clerical and data processing work relating to property appraisal activities in the Assessing office.
- Tasks are multiple and diverse with some interrelationship across processes.
- Handles some unrelated functions. Work requires the direct application of a variety of procedures, policies, and or precedents.
- Provides detailed accurate property information and specifications. Provides information regarding legal descriptions, lot sizes, property values, estimated taxes, and improvements. Responds to citizen inquiries and complaints referring citizens to City Assessor as necessary.
- Performs in-office procedures, data entry, filing, indexing and coordinating records.
- Performs lot combinations or split changes for property deeds, creates new parcels upon receipt of property maps, assigns parcel numbers and calculates new lot sizes.
- Assists City Assessor in preparing sales ratio studies for city, county and state equalization meetings.
- Processes property tax credit applications.
- Assists City Assessor in the property appraisal process.
- Customer service techniques and phone etiquette;
- Accounting and statistical concepts;
- Market research techniques;
- Basic appraising methods and techniques.
- Calculating property values;
- Using a variety of office equipment and related applications;
- Writing clear and concise reports and memos;
- Resolving problems;
- Maintaining accurate files and records;
- Collecting and analyzing data;
- Interacting with government regulatory agencies;
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Pre-employment drug screen, background check, and reference checks are required
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.)
- Two years of clerical, administrative support, research, or related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
EMPLOYER PAID BENEFITS
- Vacation – 96 hours annual accrual for years 1-5
- Sick Leave – 96 hours annual accrual
- Personal Leave – Employees are permitted to use up to 16 hours of accrued Sick Leave per year for Personal Leave
- Longevity Pay – Sliding scale based on tenure with the City (After 5 years of Service), paid annually
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bereavement Leave
- Holidays – 10 holidays plus one day for birthday
- Employee Assistance Program
EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE SHARED COST BENEFITS
- Health Insurance – NDPERS (SHP) – Employer pays 80% of premium
- For every 5 years employed by the City of Dickinson, the City will pay an additional 2.5% of your health insurance
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – The City puts $250 into a Medical Spending Account for full-time employees
- Defined Benefit Hybrid Main Retirement Plan – Employee contributes 7%; Employer contributes 8.26%
- Defined Benefit Public Safety Retirement Plan – Sworn Law Enforcement Officers & Firefighters contribute 5.5%; Employer contributes 9.07%
- Life Insurance – Employer pays 50% of basic premium. Supplemental life insurance option
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – pre-tax (2019 max – $2,650) – Daycare Expenses – pre-tax (2019 max – $5,000)
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- West River Community Center Membership – 50% Discount off Annual Membership
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan – Pre-Tax or Roth option
- NDPERS Portability Enhancement Provision
Civil Service Status upon successful completion of the probationary period.