Date Posted: June 9th, 2020 8:00 AM
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Department: Dickinson Area Public Library
Compensation: $18.21 – $19.73 per hour DOE
Hours: 40 per week
To apply, please submit the required City application and job specific questions , which can be found by clicking on the link above. Resumes are strongly encouraged. Veterans claiming preference must submit Form DD214 with the application. We will be accepting applications until the position is filled.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information contact Ali at 701-456-7033, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is responsible for managing a designated area of library services. Provides assistance to library users and acquires, organizes, manages and distributes library resources to ensure meeting the needs of all library users. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize resources in area of assignment. Requires excellent oral and written communication.
This individual will serve as the school librarian for the rural schools in Billings and Slope Counties. This will include librarian teacher responsibilities as in other school libraries. The school libraries are served two days per week. The Bookmobile Librarian will also have primary responsibility for all bookmobile routes. Our bookmobile is unique in that we serve a very rural area and even make stops at ranches in Slope County! In 2018, our bookmobile made 333 stops and traveled 14,416 miles.
- Performs circulation desk duties. Interacts with people of different social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Assists library patrons in use of technology and information resources.
- Troubleshoots computer hardware and software problems.
- Provide readers advisory.
- Assist with collection maintenance
- Assists with maintenance of records in the integrated library system.
- Assists in maintaining the orderliness of the facility.
- Provides supervision of library assistants during evening or weekend hours.
- Answers and directs public calls for the department.
- Catalogs and classifies library resources.
- Keeps statistics and reports in designated area
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as required
- Performs and coordinates various community outreach activities.
- Promote and market library services.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pre-employment drug screen, background check, and reference checks are required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts, Humanities, Library Science or related field.
- One to three years of technical or circulation experience in a public library or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position.
- ND Library Media Certification LM 03 is preferred
EMPLOYER PAID BENEFITS
- Vacation – 96 hours annual accrual for years 1-5
- Sick Leave – 96 hours annual accrual
- Personal Leave – Employees are permitted to use up to 16 hours of accrued Sick Leave per year for Personal Leave
- Longevity Pay – Sliding scale based on tenure with the City (After 5 years of Service), paid annually
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bereavement Leave
- Holidays – 10 holidays plus one day for birthday
- Employee Assistance Program
EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE SHARED COST BENEFITS
- Health Insurance – NDPERS (SHP) – Employer pays 80% of premium
- For every 5 years employed by the City of Dickinson, the City will pay an additional 2.5% of your health insurance
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – The City puts $250 into a Medical Spending Account for full-time employees
- Defined Benefit Hybrid Main Retirement Plan – Employee contributes 7%; Employer contributes 8.26%
- Defined Benefit Public Safety Retirement Plan – Sworn Law Enforcement Officers & Firefighters contribute 5.5%; Employer contributes 9.07%
- Life Insurance – Employer pays 50% of basic premium. Supplemental life insurance option
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – pre-tax (2020 max – $2,700) – Daycare Expenses – pre-tax (2020 max – $5,000)
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- West River Community Center Membership – 50% Discount off Annual Membership
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan – Pre-Tax or Roth option
- NDPERS Portability Enhancement Provision
Civil Service Status upon successful completion of the probationary period.
Last modified: June 24, 2020