The City of Dickinson has approximately 350 lane-miles of streets along with parking lots and alleys to clear.
CONTACT US/NOTIFY US OF A CONCERN:
Monday – Thursday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
8:00 am – Noon
You can reach the Public Works Department at 701-456-7979 (PWPW).
If leaving a message during or after office hours, please leave: Name, contact number, address, and the nature of your request. We will submit a service request on your behalf.
During a storm, please call only when absolutely necessary. The crews are working diligently to clear streets in order of assigned priority. It may take time to get to your street, but we are on our way!!
Things to Remember:
- – The City does not have a “bare roads” policy
What this means for you:
- – While we strive to maintain safe driving conditions, we cannot remove all snow from the streets.
- – The City of Dickinson is REQUIRED to open Federal and State funded roads first, along with access to Emergency Services facilities (Police, Fire, and Ambulance) as well as Emergency Snow Routes
- – These roads are generally the main thoroughfares.
- – Maintenance priorities are assigned to each roadway based upon applicable Federal, State, and Municipal Laws.
- – Due to Equipment and manpower limitations, we systematically work down those priorities as efficiently as possible.
- – WE CANNOT SKIP AHEAD IN THE PRIORITY LINE.
Frequently Asked Questions
Last modified: February 11, 2022